Looking For A Trusted, Certified, And Professional Home Inspection Company In Edmonton?
There are plenty of home inspection company in Edmonton but how do you know which one to choose? They all have a variety of services and qualifications but how do you know what is the right fit for you?
We will break down some of the mandatory services required from a home inspection company.
- Certification – All home inspectors in Alberta are required to accredited training and certification. Either with a college, training facility or online.
- Insurance – E&O (Errors and Omissions) and liability insurance is another mandatory requirement for home inspectors in Alberta.
- Inspection Report – A home inspection report is required after the completion of every home inspection. A modern one with colored pictures and video replaces the black and white checklists of the past.
- Experience – Look for a home inspector who has plenty of background experience in residential construction. More variety the better.
The above list is the bare minimum required from a home inspection company and some home inspection companies offer much more including:
- Infrared – Gives the home inspector the ability to see things that simply cannot be seen with the naked eye. Missing insulation and water leaks behind walls can be seen with infrared camera.
- Extra Services – Most professional home inspectors with offer additional inspection services saving you time and money. Mould, Radon, Asbestos, Lead paint, Pools are all extra services that can be added to a home inspection.
- Walk through – A quality home inspector will walk you through the home after the inspection pointing out major safety concerns if any and give tips on how to manage and maintain a home.
- Friendly – A good home inspection company will be friendly, thorough and courteous during a home inspection. Mindful of pets, fragile items, and not tracking in any dirt on their shoes.
- Professional – Clean clothing and vehicle are all good representation of a good home inspection company.
- Inspection Report – Another sign of a good home inspection company is a punctual, easy to read home inspection report. Modern home inspection software allows inspectors to add coloured pictures and video and ability to post online in the cloud giving access to everyone with an email link.
- Reviews – Plenty of positive reviews are also a sign of a good home inspection company. Some negative reviews are left and are usually a result of the home inspector not clearly outlining what is and what is not inspected according to the inspectors Standards of Practice.
My Promise to You
Choosing the right inspection service provider can be difficult. Unlike most professionals you hire, you probably won’t meet me until your inspection appointment–after you’ve hired. Furthermore, different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods, and pricing. One thing that’s certain is that a thorough inspection requires a lot of work. Ultimately, a quality inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s effort. I guarantee that I will give you my very best.
— Steven Letendre
Admirable Inspection Services